New or used. That is the question and when it comes to car shopping there is a world of difference between the two.
Florida Fine Cars veteran finance manager Craig Grunewald explains why it makes sense to buy your next car used at Florida Fine Cars, a family-owned used car dealer known for its impressive selection of quality used cars.
Remember, used car shopping has evolved with the growth of the Internet and used car dealers have been forced to up their game: transparency, honesty, and total disclosure are what car buyers experience when they shop at Florida Fine Cars.
Here are Grunewald’s top 5 reasons why buying a used Florida Fine Cars vehicle is the ONLY way to go:
- Depreciation. It’s the No. 1 reason why everyone should buy used. New car values drop an estimated 30 percent in the first year. According to Edmunds.com, a car loses less than that in years two, three and four combined. That means a car buyer who purchases a car in its second year and owns it for three years saves a ton of cash, Edmunds.com notes. “(Customers) should save that money (they would lose the first year) and instead buy a used vehicle,” Grunewald said. “A used vehicle depreciates much less.”
- Cost. A used vehicle has already depreciated so there won’t be as much sticker shock upfront. A used vehicle simply costs less than a new one. You automatically get more bang for your buck when you buy used instead of new, Grunewald said.
- More for Less. Cars are all about image and when a customer buys used instead of new, dreams CAN come true! A make and model that would normally be out of a car buyer’s range suddenly becomes attainable because it costs so much less used. “Someone could walk into a dealer wanting to buy a Honda and realize that a used Mercedes is the same price as a new Honda,” Grunewald stated. “A customer can own a make and model that they would never aspire to own otherwise.”
- Perfect Payments. Finding the right size payment is a challenge most car buyers face. Too much car translates into too big a payment. But with a used car, obtaining an affordable car payment is much more likely because the car itself will be much more reasonably priced.“People are always worried about the payment. Used cars have already been depreciated so you are buying the car for less. When comparing to a similar car new, the payments will be much less,” Grunewald pointed out.
- Warranties. When it comes to protecting your used car, no worries. Extended warranties can be purchased for most used vehicles, providing used car buyers the same sort of added peace of mind they might have when buying a more expensive new car that is under factory warranty.
Florida Fine Cars offers nearly 1,500 quality used cars for sale priced thousands below retail at its three locations. Florida Fine Cars dealerships are conveniently located in West Palm Beach near Palm Beach International Airport and just off Florida’s Turnpike, and in Hollywood and Miami.