Auto accidents can be frightening and stressful and if you’re involved in one, it’s easy to forget what to do. Florida Fine Cars has compiled some important tips for drivers based on advice from major insurers State Farm, Geico and Travelers.
First and foremost, don’t panic. Accidents are frightening but they can happen to anyone. Keep calm and take a deep breath. There are many actions you NEED to take so it’s essential you stay calm.
- Always stop your vehicle. Even if you don’t think there is any damage. Driving away from the scene of an accident can get you into big trouble with the law.
- Check on all drivers and passengers. Get medical attention for anyone who is hurt and don’t move anyone who appears to have a neck or back injury.
- Call the police if there is significant vehicle damage and get the name and badge numbers of the officers who respond.
- Limit discussion of the accident with the other party and don’t admit to any fault or liability. Discuss the accident with your insurance representative, medical professionals and the police only.
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of everyone involved in the accident. It is also important to obtain the name and phone number of the insurance company and policy number for all involved in the crash as well as the make and model of other involved vehicles. Jot down the license plate numbers of other involved vehicles as well.
- Contact your insurance company’s emergency claims number and let them know what happened. Call them from the scene of the accident if possible.
- Write down the date and time of the accident, the address, the road you were on and the direction you were traveling and the direction the other car or cars were traveling. Make notations of any relevant driving conditions.
- Take pictures if at all possible for your records.
- Do NOT admit fault. Simply report the facts.
Shop Florida Fine Cars Four Location for Great Rides and Tiny Prices
Florida Fine Cars offers more than 1,500 quality used cars priced thousands below retail at its four locations combined. Florida Fine Cars dealerships are conveniently located in West Palm Beach just north of Palm Beach International Airport and in Margate, Hollywood and Miami.
Used car shopping has never been so easy. Stop by Florida Fine Cars today and drive home the used car of your dreams.